Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MayBelline Dream Liquid Mousse & Dream Matte Powder






The weekend before last I was browsing in CVS just to see what sales they had going on and I didn't really see much I was interested in but... I did remember I had seen a guru on You tube raving about Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I wanted to try it out because I have problems with my t-zone area looking oily especially in photos. So i grabbed that in my shade Honey (Medium 3-4) and since they were having a BOGO 50% off I bought the Dream Liquid mousse as well in the shade Natural Beige (Medium 2.5)

The first liquid foundation I bought turned out to be a little too light for my skin tone especially since I'll probably be getting darker soon due to the weather... so I went back and bought the Honey Beige (Medium 4); they had sold out of this shade at the first CVS I bought from.

Overall I rate the Dream Matte powder 4/5*
It really works great for getting rid of unwanted shine. You can keep reapplying it throughout the day if you care to w/o it looking like you have over powdered. In my experience from using it the last few days it lasts about 6-7 hours when applied.


The liquid foundation also gets 4/5* stars from me


I don't usually reach for liquid foundation when applying my makeup because I feel like it can look heavy very fast on my skin. But this applies very nicely and gives a good coverage without looking like you are wearing it. It is build-able and will of course looks even better when finished with the Dream Matte Powder.



Here are a few swatches of the two colors... I may return the lighter one because I'm not sure I'll be using it. (in reality I'm probably a mix of both of these shades.)

6 comments:

  1. I've heard rave reviews on the powder! Mixing is the best thing to do! I hope you really like the foundation over time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Honey Beige and the swatches must be labeled wrong because I know I'm not that light. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. J- the powder is great! It really works... better than the MSF i have.

    Rai- omg... lol your right!! I just went and double checked after I read your comment... hehe. my mistake

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually i take that back it works better than the MSF at controlling my shine. but i love the MSF too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, I love the initial look of MSF, then I get all greased up :( I need this powder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use these all the time. I'm a 3-4 Honey in the Powder & 2 Pure Beige in the liquid. I didn't like using the liquid because it looked like my skin was airbrushed & weirdly, I DON'T like the flawless skin look.. I know, I'm silly. I've started using it a lot more & love it though

    ReplyDelete